Wednesday 13 May 2009

Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork

A huge amount of guff arrived from our solicitors yesterday morning so I spent last night trying to find all the guarantees and other documents required to complete the sale. I was struck, whilst watching the news on the BBC at the same time how much extra money I could save if I had a second home allowance similar to our elected representatives, that way I could execute a quick "flip" to avoid CGT having had some help with the refurbishments costs. Oh well – I shall have to remain a humble tax payer.

I have written to the solicitor who claims in one of his two letters to arrive to have obtained Office Copy Entries. I thought the whole point of a HIP was to avoid the need to get these reports – instead it appears we are paying for two of them! I shall wait and see what he says.

Just got to find the guarantee and inspection certificate for the central heating system and wait for the final certificate from the Local Authority's building control which I have only just realised we haven't got yet.

4 comments:

David B said...

congratulations.......

MotB said...

Well done with agreeing a deal.

Letters from your solicitor - how quaint! I reckon there's money to be made geting solicitors to be more technology savvy.

Decorem said...

You would have thought so wouldn't you!

Tim Leunig said...

My solicitor sends me emails, although I did get a bundle of paper stuff this week, which I had to sign. Perhaps that is why my solicitor charges far less than your solicitor?

Hope it all goes through. I think it will from here.