Sunday 30 November 2008

Bathroom Shopping List

The new cloakroom suite arrived and gave us the chance to offer the units up to the wall and see it fitted OK and that there was enough space. I am pleased we did this as it showed us that whilst the units we purchased would fit upstairs we need a much smaller sink (and no pedestal) downstairs.

So here is the list of all of the other items I need to purchase to complete the bathroom and the cloakroom except for the small sink and associated taps as I need to make absolutely certain the unit I chose will fit in the space we have available. I have sent this lot of to our plumber for his thoughts before I place the order. I also need to know what waste units etc I need to buy and get the specification of the cloakroom sink in the same order so I don't have to pay another lot of delivery. When I have finished the order I think I will have spent about £650.00 on all the bathroom units. I could have spent a little less but I think it is worth spending money on taps and things that have a high visual impact.

This is a much better shower unit and I hope that those that have been rightly critical in my choice of unit so far will think this one is more appropriate.

Bathroom (s) Shopping List

Taps

Shower Unit

Shower Screen

Bath Panel

Bath

Toilet

Accessory Pack

1 comment:

Tim Leunig said...

Your shower unit is very similar to the one that I chose a few years ago. It is a very good design. The better ones don't get hot to the touch, whereas some of the cheaper ones get very hot to the touch. But I guess that won't bother you that much!

If you rent out the property, fit a shower curtain as well, as half length shower screens rarely confine all the water to the bath unless you are really careful (which tenants are not). Sooner or later the water will leak out, and that will damage the floor covering, and the floor and perhaps the ceiling, requiring remedial work. £25 well spent, therefore, if renting. No need to spend it if you sell. This is particularly important as you should have reasonable power, so the water could go everywhere.