Wednesday 5 November 2008

Something I won't be doing again

Today was supposed to be house clearance day and the company I booked to do it duly turned up at about 09:30 as agreed.

The way these companies work is that they turn up, give you a quote, which you then accept or reject. Luckily there is no obligation to accept the quote and you don't pay a call out fee to get them there in the first place.

Why is this lucky?

If you remember from a previous post I had anticipated that to clear the house would cost £143.00 plus a bit for some extra weight. In my mind I thought it might cost nearer £250.00 and possibly as much as £300.00. The quote when it came this morning was a surprise £1,300.00!!!

I declined their offer and a skip with permit is being delivered to site tomorrow morning while I enjoy a tasty meal of humble pie with a side order of words.

This has set us back a day as the front room in the house was full of rubbish waiting to be removed and of course it is still there. As I said in the title of this post - something I won't be doing again.

No comments: