Thursday 26 February 2009

The Final Scores on the Doors

There has been a last minute flurry of activity with some bills I had not anticipated (mainly for materials) but I believe everything is now accounted for. The house is finished and I am led to believe that all the snagging is done.

In the end the total expenditure on this project against budget is show below.


Budget

Actual

Variance (£)

Variance (%)

£40,677

£42,123

£1,446

3.55%

It is clearly disappointing to be over budget at the end of all of this but I am not sure there is much I could have done to have prevented this over spend. I have yet to see the final receipts for all the materials but there is not much I can do about it now. It is certainly the case that much of the variance was caused by legal and professional fees and materials.

So that's it. We move to the final phase of this project – selling it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks a good result. In answer to your implied question, you could have prevented the over spend by coming up with a higher budget......

Decorem said...

Is that not cheating?

Anonymous said...

Not if you did it in the first place...