Monday 2 February 2009

The Snow

The snow today brought mixed blessings for the house – most of them causing further delays.

The local schools were closed which means that the plumber and kitchen fitter (both of whom have children at my daughter's school) were pressed into child minding duties and not house building duties. As the school is going to be closed again tomorrow I think we will have the same problem again.

Painting is being delayed because the plaster refused to dry out over the weekend so that has caused some further problems. I hope that painting will resume tomorrow.

The good news is that the electrician was supposed to be at a job some distance away that he couldn't get to because of the snow. As a result he went round to the house (unannounced but as he has keys that was fine) and finished off the electrical work bar connecting the fans and the oven. As a result the new fuse board is in and we have proper lighting in the house for the first time.

I spoke to the builder this evening and while he remains positive I cannot help but think I may have to delay the carpet fitting. I really don't want to but I will have to make a call on that by Thursday or I will be liable to pay for the fitters time anyway.

No comments: