Thursday 5 February 2009

Hip Hop

The order for the HIP (Home Information Pack) for those who are not in the know has been ordered.

You can get an estate agent or a solicitor to get one made up for you but one of the best ways is just to organise it yourself. A quick search on-line to find the cheapest offering (they all do the same thing so there is no need to pay more) and you just order it on the website. We have used www.hips4u.com and the turnaround time is quite impressive. They send regular emails keeping you up to date and a login to see how the pack is coming along. Ours should be completed by 16/02/2008 and will cost £174.80 including VAT. I think that is quite good. I was not a fan of HIPs when they first came out but if spending this sort of money assists in speeding up the sale, it is worth every penny.

We shall see what transpires.

One of the constituent parts of a HIP is the efficient report. The survey for this is happening next week. The results of this should be interesting as the house was about the most inefficient building it could possibly have been before we started. We have spent a lot of time, effort and money in insulation so we should get a really good report. I will have a go at publishing both on this blog side by side when we get the new one.


1 comment:

Decorem said...

These guys don't hang about.

The HIP is complete already and I have an electronic copy in my hands (or in my inbox anyway). At 56 pages I don't think I will print it.

Very impressive.