Saturday 14 February 2009

Kitchen and Bathroom

At last I can publish some photographs of the kitchen and bathroom looking almost finished. They need a good clean to remove all the dust but we are pretty much there. You cannot see any more of the bath in this picture as it is full of water having just been sealed.



I am very pleased with how the kitchen has turned out. The cupboards on the left hand side work really well but there is still plenty of room to openthe oven door and get access to cloakroom through the door at the end.


6 comments:

Tim Leunig said...

I think the eye level cupboard would look much better with cornicing and pelmets. It really jumped out at me as missing them.

Anonymous said...

Didn't jump out to my eye. I think cornices and pelmets can be useful to tie in a line of cabinets but that's not the case here. Also the pelmet would hit the light switch......

Tim Leunig said...

Yes, it is at the top, where the door frame is on a different level that caught my eye...

Decorem said...

Hopefully not everyone will be as observant as you.

I guess this house won't be sold to a mathematician!

Anonymous said...

“You cannot see any more of the bath in this picture as it is full of water having just been sealed.” Is this some sort of Victorian prudery akin to covering table legs that means one should not be able to see a bath full of water in case one envisages nakedity?

The tiling & bathroom fittings look excellent.

Decorem said...

Actually the bath was also full of naked lovelies ((c) The Sun Newspaper) and it isn’t that kind of blog.