Wednesday 22 October 2008

Exchange and Completion

....and then suddenly, with what appeared in the end to be unseemly haste we exchange and complete simultaneously and the property is ours. This blog will defiantly (I meant to say definitely but my attempt at spelling it was so bad Microsoft changed it for me and made no apology for the split infinitive) be hanging around in cyberspace for a little while longer and hopefully, after a short period and much hard work, will result in a sale for profit or a successful let.

Mrs APD picked up the keys this afternoon but it is too dark to go and take a look now as there is no working electricity. The electricians are going round on Friday morning to lash up (my words not theirs) something temporary so work can commence.

Thank you for all of your comments with the planning. I hope there will be as much help with the building work.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the bullet has been bitten - excellent.

Are you sure that the electricians didn't say that on Friday they are going out on the lash?

Decorem said...

Knowing the electricians, that is probably exactly what they meant although they claim they are putting in a temporary RCD board with two double sockets so we know everything else is "dead" and can be removed.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations: now the real fun starts!

Janx said...

Congrats. I think now I'm just hoping you don't get any nasty surprises - or that the contingency will cover this. I'm hoping to learn from your experience for a similar project one day when I have the spare capital.

Tim Leunig said...

Good luck - but rather you than me. Don't forget to factor in your time when you work out the profit margin...

Tim Leunig said...

PS - what is the triangular thing next to the cooker? (direct reply is ok)

Decorem said...

The triangular thing is a corner unit with a corner wall unit above it. They are not the best graphics.

I couldn't possibly reply direct otherwise I would have to own up to the fact that I might know everyone who reads this blog along with their email addresses. That would never do.