Saturday 31 January 2009

More Kitchen Appliances

The only appliance not yet purchased is a dishwasher. Whilst I am probably not under an obligation to provide one (there is nothing wrong with freestanding) a kitchen looks better when they are built in and I don't want to give a potential buyer a reason to walk away.

As we could not be totally sure about how much space there would be in the kitchen when we were planning it, the original plans had a slimline dishwasher. It now appears that there will be space for a full width until. I will need to pop down to Homebase to buy a suitable door (£45.00) and then I just need to buy the dishwasher itself.

Taking a look at Redhill Appliances again after they did such a good job last time they appear to have a couple of suitable units in stock. I am tempted by the Hotpoint. It is £30.00 more expensive that the other model I looked at but 4dB quieter which is quite a bit in a small kitchen. It is £260.00 plus £1.00 delivery so with the new door I will have spent just over £300.00 on the dishwasher. That is much better than it could have been as there is a limited choice of slimline units and they tend to be more expensive. I am pleased we held off from buying this until we knew how much space we had.

3 comments:

Decorem said...

It appears that I won't be able to use a full size dishwasher after all and a slimline unit may be the order of the day.

This is a shame and I will explain more when I am sure.

Tim Leunig said...

Which best buys:

Bosch SRV43M03GB
Type: Slimline built in
Which? score: 72%

But it is £420 from Scott Appliances

Neff S5943X2
Type: Slimline built in
Which? score: 72%

And this one is £430 from Appliances direct.

A3 appliances are really incredibly helpful, btw.

Decorem said...

If have used A3 before and they are very good.

It is a shame that slimline dishwashers are so much more money.