Sunday 18 January 2009

Buying Kitchen Appliances

Possibly for the first time on this project I have got bored. Not with the whole thing, just over working out what oven and hob to buy and how much to pay for it.

The attempted purchase on eBay failed and looking at all the other options, by searching online was going well until I realised the huge gulf in delivery charges between different companies which makes comparison difficult. I don't really trust the price comparison websites as regular readers will recall from attempts to insure the property before we exchanged.

So I have taken on board some of Tim's advice and purchased stuff from Redhill Appliances on the grounds that they only charge £1.00 delivery. Their prices were there or thereabouts and whilst they didn't have the Electrolux I have bought an oven and hob from the same place.

I will soon be the proud owner of:-


AEG 21602GM Gas Hob

£114.00

AEG B21005M Built In Single Oven

£272.00


I am sure I could have brought cheaper or more effectively but as I said, I am bored. Tim, if Which? claim that this is the worst oven in the history of cooking please don't tell me or if you have to tell me break the news gently!

The one bit of good news is that I have sorted this out in a fraction of the time that Mrs APD (who is working in the same room on the other computer) has spent trying to find somewhere for us to go on holiday this Summer.


3 comments:

Decorem said...

It turns out that the hob was out of stock so I have swapped it for a Hotpoint GE640X which is slightly more expensive at £148.00.

A nice looking unit though.

Tim Leunig said...

Is Mrs APD assuming you will have sold this place or not, in deciding where to go? I think your readers should be told. Of course, if money is tight, you could have a holiday to your new holiday cottage. It might have a boiler by then :-)

Decorem said...

I think (and hope) the two things are unrelated.

It is Cornwall for us this year.